Kohlmanns producers and partners
Jenzer Fleisch + Feinkost – Family tradition since 1898
The family business with around 70 employees is managed by Christoph and Barbara Jenzer in the 4th generation. Since 1898, the Jenzer family has been practicing the butcher’s trade with great pleasure and power. The guiding principle is called Jenzer-NATURA-Quality, since 1995 the meat comes from animals from particularly species-appropriate animal husbandry for the best meat quality.
Special Opening Hours
"Die Grauwiler 1821 AG" The regional butchery since 1821
What does “the other quality” mean?
Animal welfare is very important to us, we source our animals from breeding farms with the (BTS) Especially Animal Friendly Housing Systems and (RAUS) Regular Outdoor Exercise program.
- All Swiss meat that you receive from Grauwiler 1821 AG complies with the legal guarantee marks, such as Suisse Garantie or Bio Suisse.
- We promote the Swiss market with our regional Swiss partners.
- Ecology ” All the electricity we use in our operations comes from renewable energy.
- Transparency ” Everyone is invited to explore our company by appointment! We do not hide anything…
- Hygiene standards ” We do not focus on the minimum, but strive for the optimum food safety.
- In-house cutting ” For beef, veal and pork.
- With us you get sustainable products to the top quality, because our Swiss meat complies with the strict Swiss animal welfare law
The company Gebrüder Marksteiner was founded many years ago by the brothers Heinrich and Karl Marksteiner. Since 1999 this company belongs to the trading companies of frigemo group.
On the square Basel Gebrüder Marksteiner is an important specialist for:
- market-fresh, seasonal, regional fruits and vegetables
- Daily freshly produced ready-to-cook convenience products
- Dairy products and cheese
- Potato products incl. French fries
- Freshly harvested processed fruits and vegetables as frozen articles
- Frozen pasta and dough dishes
- Frozen finge food, frozen bakery products, snacks and desserts
- Lusso Glacés (which are exclusively represented in the catchment area)
Customer orders are taken daily – active phone sales are conducted, customers are contacted daily upon request. In addition, the orders can be transmitted by fax, mail, EDI, online via webshop or via EDI. Deliveries are also made daily, 6x per week with a 2-zone truck and delivery van for combined transport (fresh and frozen).
“Wine, spirits and fine brandies are bought at Kaufmann”.
This is not just a slogan! For over 50 years, we have believed in preserving the old and opening ourselves to the new. We work in close relationship with our producers and importers, this allows us to stay current and informed. We pay a lot of attention to wine and spirits and do everything to delight the wine and fine spirits lover. With us you will find on more than 400m² everything that is good and tastes good. Many restaurants in the Basel area have relied on the Kaufmann range for years, but not only bulk buyers, but also the “today-I-want-something-special-single-bottle-buyer” is just as welcome as a bulk buyer. Wine and spirits from around the world are in demand today more than ever. We constantly try to follow the trends and create new ones. Special “treasures” require special care or storage: In our air-conditioned “treasure chambers” the noblest drops are stored
Our store in Bättwil is our facade: transparent, friendly, clean and inviting. Stop by and discover the variety of our offer of wines, sparkling wines, whiskies, distillates, spirits, rarities and gift ideas. Or browse our online store at
Beer from here
Brewery Fischerstube – Ueli beer
For 44 years, the Fischerstube brewery in the heart of Basel has been brewing genuine Basel beer: Ueli beer. What began in 1974 as a pioneering act by Kleinbasel doctor Hans Jakob Nidecker against the beer cartel is now an integral part of Basel’s beer culture.
The most beautiful tradition of the Kleinbasel brewery is the joy of new ideas. The independent family-run business has five open beers. Four other types of beer are commercially available in the bottle. Committed to the pioneering spirit, Ueli Bier surprises again and again with new beer specialties full of character. Fischerstube is one of the few breweries that brews its open beers with whole hop cones and does not use flash heating for its beers.
In addition to the two brewery restaurants on Basel’s Rheingasse, Ueli beer is also freshly tapped in selected catering establishments in and around Basel. The brewery not only puts its energy into brewing Ueli beers, but also into training the next generation of brewers. True to the motto: Brewing a good beer is a craft – offering many good beers is an art. But cultural projects are also close to the heart of the Fischerstube brewery. For example, it has a long-standing partnership with Männerstimmen Basel, the Jazz Campus, the Floss and the Hill Chill Festival.
FOOD & DRINK
Enjoy regional, seasonal and freshly prepared dishes. At noon we serve our weekly changing lunch menus, in the afternoon we recommend our homemade cakes and in the evening our à la carte menu impresses with varied dishes. Matching you will find fine wines from our wine cellar.
News & Events